Recipe: Pizza | By Phil ScarfoneAugust 2, 2019 | 856 Views
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
300g AP Flour
8 grams Kosher Salt
2 grams Dry Yeast, Active
4 grams Olive Oil
– In a large stainless steel mix flour and salt.
– Add 200 grams of lukewarm tap water, yeast, and olive oil.
– Knead until combined, about 4 minutes, folding the dough over itself and pushing downwards in a
clockwise fashion. Cut into two evenly sized balls and knead them over themselves until they are nice and round.
– Let rest for 20 minutes, then knead for 3 minutes.
– Place on a heavily floured sheet tray, and cover with a damp unscented kitchen towel.
– If you plan on using right away, leave at room temperature for 3 hours, then use your hands to form into a pizza shape, and top & bake right away.
– The dough will be more full of flavor if you leave it covered in the fridge for 2 days before using it.
– The day you plan to use the dough, pull it from the fridge about 2 hours before you’d like to use it. This will make the dough easier to work with, and give it a nice airy crust.
– To bake the pizza, preheat your oven to 500F on the broil setting, and place a pizza steel or stone in the middle rack of the oven. Slip the dressed pizza onto the stone/steel, and bake until the crust is slightly charred and the toppings are cooked. You may need to rotate the pizza slightly.
– Brush the crust with olive oil, and finish with any leafy greens after the bake if you desire.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
– 1 can san Marzano tomatoes, whole
– Salt, to taste
– 10 basil leaves
– Empty contents of cans into a stainless steel bowl.
– Using both hands, squeeze the tomatoes and basil between your fingers until the mixture is mostly uniform in texture.
– Add salt to taste. Remember that ingredients can be salty, especially deli meats, so use salt sparingly.