2022 Season / COVID-19 Protocols & Travel RequirementsMay 10, 2022 | 628 Views
Dear Valued Guests and Friends of The Club,
We are very excited to welcome our first guests of the season, in less than one month’s time.
We wanted to update everyone on current travel requirements and COVID-19 protocols to ensure guests are ready to join us this season. Our policies follow all regulations as set out by Transport Canada and the province of British Columbia:
- All guests are required to be double vaccinated and must provide proof of vaccination along with government issued photo ID to board transportation to the lodge
- Masks must be worn while travelling to and from the lodge via plane and helicopter
- Masks are welcome, but not required in shared indoor facilities such as the dining room and lounges
Travelling from outside of Canada:
The following applies to individuals flying and driving across the border:
To travel to Canada, you must be fully vaccinated as laid out below and upload your vaccination documentation to ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada. *There are no longer testing requirements for fully vaccinated travelers entering Canada.
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to Canada, you must:
- Have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted for travel, a mix of two accepted vaccines, or at least one dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Have received your second dose at least 14 calendar days before you enter Canada
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
Within 72 hours of travel to Canada, you must:
- Use the ArriveCAN mobile app or sign in on a computer to enter your proof of vaccination, quarantine, and travel information. Upon completion, you will be provided with your ArriveCAN receipt. If not completed on your phone, be sure to print your receipt and take it with you when you travel.
- To create your ArriveCAN account, follow this link ArriveCAN
For more information, visit the Government of Canada’s Travel & Tourism page to stay up to date.
Returning to the United States:
*COVID-19 testing is not required when driving across the border.
To return to the United States by air, you must:
- Provide a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or public health official stating you were cleared to travel.)
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TO GET YOUR TEST:
We recommend CVM Medical, conveniently located in the main YVR terminal by the entrance to the Fairmont Hotel.
When booking your COVID-19 test, keep in mind our plane is set to get you back to Vancouver South Terminal Airport for 3:00 PM. We do not recommend you book any test appointments before 5:00 PM to be safe. The results will be sent to you via email, approximately 45 minutes after your sample collection time. You will need your test results when you check-in for your flight, so take this timing into account when booking your flight home.
To book your appointment follow this link: CVM Medical – Vancouver International Airport.
As always, the health and safety of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. Our team will be regularly trained on the latest health measures to ensure the safest experience for everyone.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 measures or if there is anything we can do to help you prepare for your trip, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 1-888-432-6666 or click here to fill out an online inquiry and one of our Team Members will be happy to assist.
The West Coast Fishing Club