SELF GUIDED PROGRAM 2009
April 2, 2009 | 1213 Views
For the 2009 season, North Island Lodge is pleased to introduce a new fishing coach program designed to expand the knowledge base of our self-guided guests, and hopefully, improve their ability to react to changes in the fishery. All self-guided guests will receive one day of on the water fishing school during their stay with us for the upcoming season.
Our coaches will teach new skills and expand guests’ fishing repertoire, improving confidence and success on the water. The day of instruction will include:
- Familiarization of boat, safety, fishing locations and equipment.
- Salmon producing areas and structure, ideal depths, effective trolling speeds.
- Downrigging, cut plugging, teaser head and artificial lure tips and tricks.
- Hooking, playing and successfully landing fish.
- Tides and advanced fishing theories.
- Halibut locations and riggings.
Through hands-on teaching, coaches can assess individual levels of knowledge and provide customized training for each guest. As any accomplished angler will tell you, becoming a better fisherman means you never stop learning. We would like to show you a few of the things we’ve learned over the past 20 years.
Our goal is to provide self-guided guests with the best equipment and the knowledge to use it.